Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ding!

So I apologise for my scarcity over the past week and a half.  I've been working on two projects.

One, unexciting in the extreme, is the remedying of the error with Ulthnar's CTC that I posted about before.  I thought this was going to be an easy fix, but trinkets decided to elude me.  Indomitable Pride, I'm talking to you.  Would it kill you to drop for me?

Really?

The other project has been much more exciting, and here are the results!


Yes, Jerexain the Holydin has hit 85, and the gear grind has begun.  He's currently sitting at 334 iLevel equipped in Holy kit.  I'm unbelievably thrilled to have my third (third!) 85, and to be able to fill an additional role if needed in my Horde-side group.

A DK and two pallies.  I seem to have a thing for plate.  I think it's my priest (Valineria) who'll be my next project.


In other news, Ulthnar's DS run seemed less tense tonight, even though we 9-manned the first six bosses since we were shy one DPS.  Spine and Madness tomorrow night.  Here's to hoping our roster issues are worked out.

Still working on improving my reaction time--it felt like I was doing <i>slightly</i> better with Focused Assault on Hagara this week.  I'll be looking into UI options this week--I think part of my issue is that my screen is so cluttered that I can't make out DBM timers from raidframes from my skilltimers, and I'm losing valuable time finding the right piece of information.  A friend suggested Lui, another suggested Tokui...

What I'm looking for in a UI:
--Small.  Real estate is at a premium, as I play on a laptop.
--Not based on click-casting, as I only have two mouse-buttons, and in order to reach them, I have to take hands away from my keybinds.
--Multi-functional, preferably.  If not, something aimed at tanks.  Tanking's what I do with Ulthnar the most, and I need a UI that puts the elements I use most close at hand.
--Better ability/skilltimer management.  Right now, most of my abilities are keybound, and they only show up on the screen because most of them are on CDs.  Unfortunately, the default UI tends to put them front and center.  I'd like to move that out of the way somewhat, make it a little smaller.
--Is there any way to make DBM timers show up a little bigger?  They're awfully hard to see...
--Better raidframes.  I'm experimenting with HealBot on Jerexain, might have to play with this on Ulthnar (right-click = Righteous Defense?).  There are some interesting possibilities there, certainly...


More later, perhaps.  I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment